Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Friday

At lunch we talked about this Friday and it's going to be BEADS and more BEADS!!! Bring demo stuff to show us how to make your favorite handmade beads! If we have time we can try a few! If you need any supplies let me know and I'll see if I have it......never know I might, heehee!

I think it might be good to have a material list: a rotary cutter (for those who already own one-we can share), tacky glue, scissors and different papers you might want to use for the paper beads (I will bring some magazines) and fat quarters of fabric or fabric scraps at least three inches in width (can be plain muslin--we are just practicing the technique).

It's going to be fun! I will bring my samples to show--I made some into finished jewelry pieces. I'll pull out some of my NG's that we did with the citra sol. I've also got some different papers to try these beads with!!

I just got a new package of round toothpicks also. Wei-Li also talked about using Styrofoam to poke the bead into for drying......if you have some bring it......it might be a good way to take your beads home with you!! I've got some wax paper.....that would work as well!!

It's going to be fun! I will bring my samples to show--I made some into finished jewelry pieces. And I'm working on a copper bowl I can't wait to show!!

See you Friday. Don't forget to RSVP.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin